Rawfood.com Good4u Food Dehydrators

Tampa, Florida 0 comments

Re: Excalibur Vs Good4U Dehydrator Mon, April 12, 2010 - 3:33 PM

I purchased this product 3 months ago. All the reviews I read about this product stated that it was a quiet product and a better buy than the Excalibur dehydrator with better quality. I like this idea of this u nit but in real life it is flimsy and a bit noisy. It is not, in my opinion more quiet than the Excalibur dehydrator.

I called www.Good4uProducts.com customer service in regards to the amount of noise the unit generates when the temperature is set above 100 degrees.

They told me to pull it away from the wall and put it on an island because in order for it to run quietly it must be placed on a kitchen island. I don't have a kitchen island. Then they said that maybe my counter was not level. My counter is level but now that I have the level out I checked the unit and the unit is not level.

They then told me they were sorry but I must have a used unit and that I had purchased it from an unauthorized dealer. I told them that it states on the web site where I purchased the item that they were an authorized dealer. Then they told me to pack the unit up and put the unit outside because within 24 hours someone will pick it up to exchange it. I did do and I had to call them 3 times to have it picked up. Then finally after 10 days it was finally picked up.

Then they called me to inform me that there was nothing wrong with the unit but that they would exchange it anyway. It took 2 weeks and 3 phone calls before I received the unit back. It looked like the same box but on the box they wrote "NEW". When I opened the box I noticed that this unit had the exact same crack in one of the drawers that the other unit I returned had. Therefore I believe it is the exact same unit.

I am very disappointed that they lied to me stating that they were sending me a new unit. I called to tell them I was disappointed and that I would write this review. They said they thought I was going to send it someplace else to have it fixed. We had no such discussion.

It's because of the lying that I would never recommend this product to anyone. Unless Amazon can fix this if it breaks, I would not buy this product. The manufacturer will not fix it and can't be trusted.

Review about: Rawfood Dehydrators.